Skinpress Demo Rss

Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Most Important Ingredient of Leadership.... Do You Know What It Is?

YES! YES! YES!

The GREAT Edward here,

Hope everyone had a FANTASTIC Weekend!  I sure did...

It is officially Spring time here in London Ontario Canada.

I love this time of year... 

Daylight Savings Time Kicks in and we have more hours of sunlight...

All things that Died out for the Winter are coming back to New Life...

Life is good....

A few weeks ago I was on a Mastermind call with a few of my friends and we were talking about Leadership.

One of the things we dug into was the question...

"What is the most important ingredient of leadership?"

John C Maxwell answers this question in his book "Developing the Leader Within You" as

  INTEGRITY

So... What is Integrity anyway?

The dictionary defines Integrity as: The state of being complete, unified.

Interesting...  What does it mean to be Complete? 

When I looked up that definition I found Complete to mean: Having all Necessary or Normal parts.

Also Interesting...

So when we have Integrity...

We are in The state where we have all Necessary and Normal Parts.

   OR

   Our faith, beliefs, thoughts, words, and deeds match up. 

   I am who I am, no matter where I am, or who I am with.

Is Integrity something that others think of you or is it something you think of yourself?

I believe that Reputation is what other people think you are and Integrity is what we really are.

and... Our Reputation is determined by our Credibility.

Hmmmm.... How does Credibility fit into this idea of Leadership?

Well, the more Credible you are,
the more Confidence People will have in You,
and therefore Allowing You the Opportunity of having an Influence in their life... 

Since I believe that Influence is the core of Leadership (See my post What is YOUR CaPaCiTY to EARN? - RE-RE-ViSiTeD...), therefore Integrity must be the most important ingredient.

That's AWESOME!

So there you have it, the most important ingredient of Leadership is INTEGRITY.

So what does Integrity mean to you?

How do you see it working in your life?

Leave your thoughts below.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Make it a great day!

God Bless!

BTW - If you follow me on Twitter or are a friend of mine on Facebook you know that I love quotes. I have a bunch of them that I carry around with me in my pocket and when I get a chance I take them out and read them.  One of them I would like to share with you today....  It goes like this:

      "Who You Refuse To BE Is Responsible For All That You DON'T Got."
                 ~ The GREAT Joe Schroeder from The Million Mind March
blog comments powered by Disqus